Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Desperately Need Help

Is there a place (used to be Microsoft Public in email) where I can get live
help--like a blog? My husband is working on something for work using Excel
2007. I watched him do a macro and am certain he did it correctly, but it is
not working as it should. I don't know visual basic to fix this or even see
why it's doing something wrong. What it's doing is duplicating a column
unnecessarily.

This should just be simple, essentially just copy a row on one worksheet, go
to a different worksheet and paste special, transpose (to paste the row into
column B. He's running the macro and it is pasting into column C and copying
and pasting column A into column B--and he never touches column A.

This really needs resolved soon (this week) and I would dearly appreciate
help and, if I am in the wrong place, where to go for the help). Thank you!
--
Virgo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Please disregard. I was watching and saw a simple error (shift home vs.
shift+ctrl home). I do not know how to delete this post myself. I would
still like to know if there is a live blog anywhere for future reference.
Many thanks.
--
Virgo

"Virgo" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
why not have him post his code here with an explanation on what he is trying
to do.
someone could evaluate. that is what we do here.

regards
FSt1

"Virgo" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would be surprised if you could not get all the help and professional
advice on about ANYTHING you want to do in Excel in this forum.

Check this out for new posters.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/HintsA...roupUsers.aspx

Regards,
Howard

"Virgo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Glad you detected the error.

I don't know of any forum where people are constantly/persistently on-line
to provide 'real-time' assistance. These forums are possibly about as good
as it gets. Sometimes you get an answer in minutes, sometimes not for days:
someone has to come along and notice the unanswered question, and then that
person has to actually have a solution for the OP. Even when you get part of
a solution, the end result may not come for some time because of people's
schedules.

"Virgo" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've had a great experience getting answers from this board. One thing you
should keep in mind - make your subject as clear as possible. something
generic isn't as appealing for people to open and respond to.

"Virgo" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Howard and Steven M., thank you. One thing about using this blog that I
don't understand is how once you post, you find when someone answered?

I did check Notify me of replies, but for some reason, it did not. I am
looking at the check mark now, as I type. So, once posted, how do I easily
find my way back, without having to look through every other post? I have
another question I want to ask, but want to be able to find it easily.

Thank you VERY much! Have a wonderful day.
--
Virgo

"Virgo" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Add this link to your Favourites:

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...XB3g&scoring=d

It will show your latest posts (and will update).

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Virgo" wrote:

[...]

Virgo- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

FSt1, it was a dumb mistake I should have caught right away, but I am rusty
and new to 07 to boot, but thank you for the suggestion.

Howard, thank you for the link. I will try to read it all soon. My biggest
frustration is that if Im in a hurry (and I usually am, I forget even which
day I posted) I cant find my post to read any responses. Posts just seem to
be by question topic and date. I tried to search for my handle, but that
turned up nothing. I do not receive notices in my email, even though I check
the box for that.

JLatham, I am seeing that this is a good and reliable source to come to for
help, but as mentioned directly above, my problem seems to be getting back to
my question/responses. I had surgery recently, am trying to catch up on
paperwork, and still trying to help my husband and learn Office 07, too.

Steven, you make a good point and I do try hard to always make my topics
specific.

Pete, thank you for the link. My problem arises if I cant get back to that
answer right away and there are several other posts.

I know I will have many questions, but continue to worry I will have trouble
finding my way back.

--
Virgo

"Virgo" wrote:

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you are worried about finding your posts and replies switch to a real
news reader like Outlook Express or one of the third-party readers.

I use Forte Agent.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP