Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Desperately need help with a formula

I am working on a Paid Time Off calendar for the employees of our company and
would like to have a formula to calculate ONLY how much PTO has been taken.
I currently have a formula that takes the 2008 carry over (AR2) adds the
accrual rate (AU1) multiplied by two (number of times paid each month) and
then deducts the number of hours taken each month. I have separate cells for
the number of hours taken off, the absence code (i.e. "p" for PTO, "b" for
Bereavement, etc.), accrual rate and 2008 carry over.

The formula I would like to create would only subtract those absence code
cells with a "p". See current formula below:

=SUM(AR2,AU1*2)-K22-C24-E24-G24-I24-K24-C26-E26-G26-I26-K26-E28-G28-I28-K28-C30-E30-G30-I30-K30
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula to calculate Paid time based on codes.

Can you give better description of your setup?

HOW TO GET FURTHER HELP WITH A WORKBOOK
For further help with it why not join our forums (shown in
the link below) it's completely free, if you do join you will have the
opportunity to add attachments to your posts so you can add workbooks to
better illustrate your problems and get help directly with them. Also if
you do join please post in this thread (link found below) so that people
who have been following or helping with this query can continue to do
so. :)

--
NBVC

Where there is a will there are many ways.
'The Code Cage' (http;//www.thecodecage.com)
NBVC's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=74
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=116340

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the formula (AR2 is the 2008 carry over, AU1 is the accrual rate * 2 for
the number of times the accrual happens in the month)- K22-C24, etc, are the
cells of the actual days of the month and this is where I would enter the
number of hours taken off.

I have each month listed; with each day within the month and each day of the
month has two cells; one for the hours taken within that day and one cell for
the absence code. Does that make sense?