Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Formula Desperately Needed!

Using four cells, this is what I'm trying to accomplish:

Cell 1 is the input cell, ex., I want to be able to input any number into
this cell, but have a limit of 10,000 with the excess (whatever that may be
OVER 10,000) going into cell 3 automatically.
Cell 2 should be calculated at 40% (or .40) of cell 1 (which would have a
value of between 1 and 10,000.
NOW...With the excess in cell 3, cell 4 should be calculated at 25% (or .25)

I've done it before, but can't remember for my very life HOW I accomplished
this WITHOUT having to physically place the excess amount over 10,000 into
cell 3 manually. Please HELP!!!!!!!

Wobert
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

you need another cell, the input cell can't have a formula, just the number,
then you do =if(a110000,10000,a1) that gives you the imput number, or
10000, then in another cell the excess, or 0 =if(a110000,a1-10000,0)