Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default copying worksheet including graphs to new worksheet

I have a problem with finding an efficient method of copying an entire
worksheet including more graphs to a new worksheet without having to redefine
each date sets in the graphs to the name of the new worksheet.

Can I define date in the graphs to copy so they ar refering to the worksheet
they are included in?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you use "Move or Copy Sheets" to copy a sheet to a new worksheet, any
chart references from the original sheet will automatically be to the new
sheet on the copy. I'm not clear as to how you are doing your copy.
--
David Biddulph

"leif" wrote in message
I have a problem with finding an efficient method of copying an entire
worksheet including more graphs to a new worksheet without having to
redefine
each date sets in the graphs to the name of the new worksheet.

Can I define date in the graphs to copy so they ar refering to the
worksheet
they are included in?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could try just saving the Workbook but give it a new name. This way
everything will be preserved in the new (additional) Workbook that you
create.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

"leif" wrote:

I have a problem with finding an efficient method of copying an entire
worksheet including more graphs to a new worksheet without having to redefine
each date sets in the graphs to the name of the new worksheet.

Can I define date in the graphs to copy so they ar refering to the worksheet
they are included in?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi david

The references in the dataseries in the graphs are not changed. they will
still refer to the worksheet where it is copied from.

"leif" wrote in message
I have a problem with finding an efficient method of copying an entire
worksheet including more graphs to a new worksheet without having to
redefine
each date sets in the graphs to the name of the new worksheet.

Can I define date in the graphs to copy so they ar refering to the
worksheet
they are included in?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not on mine (using Excel 2003).
If a chart on sheet 1 has data series referring to sheet 1, when I produce a
copy as sheet 1 (2), the chart on that sheet refers to data on sheet 1 (2),
which is what you were asking for.
--
David Biddulph

"leif" wrote in message
I have a problem with finding an efficient method of copying an entire
worksheet including more graphs to a new worksheet without having to
redefine
each date sets in the graphs to the name of the new worksheet.

Can I define date in the graphs to copy so they ar refering to the
worksheet
they are included in?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have just revisited this.

In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions:-

1. In Sheet 1 I have chart data in cells A 1 to B 7 inclusive.

2. On the same Worksheet I have a Clustered Column chart set up against the
data in number 1.

3. I now want to copy all the above data to Sheet 2.

- click on the cell to the left of A and above number 1 to highlight the
whole of Sheet1

- Ctrl-C to copy

- open a new Worksheet (Sheet2)

- in cell A1 do a Ctrl-V (to paste the copied data)

- all the data from Sheet1 (including the graph) gets copied to Sheet2

- click on the graph in Sheet2 / right hand click / and choose Select Data

- Select Data Source panel should now launch

- In here the Chart data range: is set to:

='Sheet1'!$A$1:$B$7

4. Change the above so that it reads:-

='Sheet2'!$A$1:$B$7

5. Click on OK.

6. Save the file if required.

You now have two sets of data on two different Worksheets both working
independently of each other.

If my comment s have helped please hit Yes.

Thanks.

"leif" wrote:

I have a problem with finding an efficient method of copying an entire
worksheet including more graphs to a new worksheet without having to redefine
each date sets in the graphs to the name of the new worksheet.

Can I define date in the graphs to copy so they ar refering to the worksheet
they are included in?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The OP didn't want to have to reset the source data range.

If the entire sheet including its embedded chart is copied, using for
instance the Move and Copy command on the sheet tab's right click menu,
the copied charts should reference the data on the copied sheet.

I wrote about this on my blog:
Copy Chart and Data and Preserve Links
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/cop...reserve-links/

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

"leif" wrote:

I have a problem with finding an efficient method of copying an entire
worksheet including more graphs to a new worksheet without having to redefine
each date sets in the graphs to the name of the new worksheet.

Can I define date in the graphs to copy so they ar refering to the worksheet
they are included in?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default MOVE or Copy Sheet w/ data and charts

Jon,

Are you using 2003 or 2007? In my 2003 I use to do exactly what you mentioned. In 2007, I can no longer do the Move or Copy sheet tab. Only the data copies and NOT the chart.

Jon Peltier wrote:

The OP did not want to have to reset the source data range.
06-Jan-10

I wrote about this on my blog:
Copy Chart and Data and Preserve Links
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/cop...reserve-links/

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

trip_to_tokyo wrote:

On Tuesday, January 05, 2010 4:33 AM
leif wrote:

copying worksheet including graphs to new worksheet
I have a problem with finding an efficient method of copying an entire
worksheet including more graphs to a new worksheet without having to redefine
each date sets in the graphs to the name of the new worksheet.

Can I define date in the graphs to copy so they ar refering to the worksheet
they are included in?

On Tuesday, January 05, 2010 5:11 AM
David Biddulph wrote:

If you use "Move or Copy Sheets" to copy a sheet to a new worksheet, anychart
If you use "Move or Copy Sheets" to copy a sheet to a new worksheet, any
chart references from the original sheet will automatically be to the new
sheet on the copy. I am not clear as to how you are doing your copy.
--
David Biddulph

On Tuesday, January 05, 2010 5:13 AM
trip_to_tokyo wrote:

You could try just saving the Workbook but give it a new name.
You could try just saving the Workbook but give it a new name. This way
everything will be preserved in the new (additional) Workbook that you
create.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

"leif" wrote:

On Tuesday, January 05, 2010 8:59 AM
leif wrote:

hi davidThe references in the dataseries in the graphs are not changed.
hi david

The references in the dataseries in the graphs are not changed. they will
still refer to the worksheet where it is copied from.

"David Biddulph" skrev:

On Tuesday, January 05, 2010 9:17 AM
David Biddulph wrote:

Not on mine (using Excel 2003).
Not on mine (using Excel 2003).
If a chart on sheet 1 has data series referring to sheet 1, when I produce a
copy as sheet 1 (2), the chart on that sheet refers to data on sheet 1 (2),
which is what you were asking for.
--
David Biddulph

On Tuesday, January 05, 2010 11:32 AM
trip_to_tokyo wrote:

[...]

"leif" wrote:

I wrote about this on my blog:
Copy Chart and Data and Preserve Links
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/cop...reserve-links/

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

How to Annotate Images from a database in a web page
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...images-fr.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I wrote about this on my blog:
Copy Chart and Data and Preserve Links
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/cop...reserve-links/

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

trip_to_tokyo wrote:

On Friday, March 05, 2010 3:10 PM
Danny Sloop wrote:

MOVE or Copy Sheet w/ data and charts
Jon,

Are you using 2003 or 2007? In my 2003 I use to do exactly what you mentioned. In 2007, I can no longer do the Move or Copy sheet tab. Only the data copies and NOT the chart.

SharePoint - Managing Unused or Archive sites automatically
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...aging-unu.aspx