Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier[_2_] Jon Peltier[_2_] is offline

Default copying worksheet including graphs to new worksheet

The OP didn't want to have to reset the source data range.

If the entire sheet including its embedded chart is copied, using for
instance the Move and Copy command on the sheet tab's right click menu,
the copied charts should reference the data on the copied sheet.

I wrote about this on my blog:
Copy Chart and Data and Preserve Links
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/cop...reserve-links/

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

trip_to_tokyo wrote:
I have just revisited this.

In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions:-

1. In Sheet 1 I have chart data in cells A 1 to B 7 inclusive.

2. On the same Worksheet I have a Clustered Column chart set up against the
data in number 1.

3. I now want to copy all the above data to Sheet 2.

- click on the cell to the left of A and above number 1 to highlight the
whole of Sheet1

- Ctrl-C to copy

- open a new Worksheet (Sheet2)

- in cell A1 do a Ctrl-V (to paste the copied data)

- all the data from Sheet1 (including the graph) gets copied to Sheet2

- click on the graph in Sheet2 / right hand click / and choose Select Data

- Select Data Source panel should now launch

- In here the Chart data range: is set to:

='Sheet1'!$A$1:$B$7

4. Change the above so that it reads:-

='Sheet2'!$A$1:$B$7

5. Click on OK.

6. Save the file if required.

You now have two sets of data on two different Worksheets both working
independently of each other.

If my comment s have helped please hit Yes.

Thanks.

"leif" wrote:

I have a problem with finding an efficient method of copying an entire
worksheet including more graphs to a new worksheet without having to redefine
each date sets in the graphs to the name of the new worksheet.

Can I define date in the graphs to copy so they ar refering to the worksheet
they are included in?