Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
trip_to_tokyo[_3_] trip_to_tokyo[_3_] is offline

Default copying worksheet including graphs to new worksheet

I have just revisited this.

In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions:-

1. In Sheet 1 I have chart data in cells A 1 to B 7 inclusive.

2. On the same Worksheet I have a Clustered Column chart set up against the
data in number 1.

3. I now want to copy all the above data to Sheet 2.

- click on the cell to the left of A and above number 1 to highlight the
whole of Sheet1

- Ctrl-C to copy

- open a new Worksheet (Sheet2)

- in cell A1 do a Ctrl-V (to paste the copied data)

- all the data from Sheet1 (including the graph) gets copied to Sheet2

- click on the graph in Sheet2 / right hand click / and choose Select Data

- Select Data Source panel should now launch

- In here the Chart data range: is set to:

='Sheet1'!$A$1:$B$7

4. Change the above so that it reads:-

='Sheet2'!$A$1:$B$7

5. Click on OK.

6. Save the file if required.

You now have two sets of data on two different Worksheets both working
independently of each other.

If my comment s have helped please hit Yes.

Thanks.

"leif" wrote:

I have a problem with finding an efficient method of copying an entire
worksheet including more graphs to a new worksheet without having to redefine
each date sets in the graphs to the name of the new worksheet.

Can I define date in the graphs to copy so they ar refering to the worksheet
they are included in?