Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default unique records by advanced filter

Hi All,

I'd like to make a simple filter for unique records copied to another
location.

The layout is this: two columns, A:B, 14 rows including a header. Unique
filter is to be made by column A, but I want to copy both columns to a new
location.

When in the advanced filter dialog
List range: $A$1:$A$14
criteria range: $A$1:$B$14
then in-place filtering is correct, but I can't in any way achieve the
filtered range copied to another location, say C1.

Any ideas?

Another question is that why List range has to be $A$1:$A$14 (the volumn by
which uniqueness is checked)? For me calling this range criteria range should
be more logical, and range $A$1:$B$14 should be called List range (cells I
want to list in another place).

Maybe I misunderstand something not being a native English speaker, please
explain me the correct usage of filtering unique records!

Thanks,
Stefi