Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Serials Librarian

Default unique filter results in some non-unique records.

I have a list of ISSN (journal) numbers in one column, some are repeated
twice, some three times, and some are only there once.

I copy this list, choose an advanced filter to copy to another location, and
click 'unique records only'.

The result is that some numbers are truly unique, and some are not. My list
is long, 8963 cells, and I have checked it to see if there are spaces, etc.
My column also includes colour. Does colour affect how 'unique' is defined?
Is my list too long? I need to keep the colour, because this is the way that
I know which original list each number belongs to.

Any help with this is appreciated.