Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi Stefi is offline

Default unique records by advanced filter

Thanks Gord, I followed your instruction and found that (provided $A$1:$A$14
is entered in List range)
1. leaving the criteria range blank or filling it with $A$1:$B$14 gives the
same result when in-place filtering is made (in other words the content of
criteria range was neutral),
2. Entering C1 in Copy to box resulted in copying filtered cells only from
column A, I could in no way achieve to copy the filtered cells from column B.

There must be something wrong with this feature or I still misunderstand
something!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Gord Dibben€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Stefi

Leave the criteria range blank and just select the single column for List
Range.

Copy to set for C1 should be OK

For more on this and a video see Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfi....html#FilterUR

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 07:55:03 -0700, Stefi
wrote:

Hi All,

I'd like to make a simple filter for unique records copied to another
location.

The layout is this: two columns, A:B, 14 rows including a header. Unique
filter is to be made by column A, but I want to copy both columns to a new
location.

When in the advanced filter dialog
List range: $A$1:$A$14
criteria range: $A$1:$B$14
then in-place filtering is correct, but I can't in any way achieve the
filtered range copied to another location, say C1.

Any ideas?

Another question is that why List range has to be $A$1:$A$14 (the volumn by
which uniqueness is checked)? For me calling this range criteria range should
be more logical, and range $A$1:$B$14 should be called List range (cells I
want to list in another place).

Maybe I misunderstand something not being a native English speaker, please
explain me the correct usage of filtering unique records!

Thanks,
Stefi