Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Advanced Filter - extracting unique records

I have a range of data. The leftmost column contains names, some of the
names being repeated in some of the rows. I used advanced filter to extract
the unique names. I find that always the first name is shown twice, once at
the top and again somewhere at the middle. How to avoid this repetition.
This however happens only with the first name.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Advanced filter wants your data to have a header. If you don't have a header,
then it'll assume the first row of the range is the header.

So if you don't have a header, add one, do your advanced filter and delete the
header.

--

Dave Peterson