Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Advanced Filter/ Extracting Data

I am trying to use the "Advanced filter" to extract data and copy it to the
extract area of my spreadsheet. I have my criteria area & my extract area in
place, but am uncertain how to pull all last names that begin with one
specific letter. I have tried a couple of different functions in the
critereia field, but can't get the result I'm looking for. Can anyone help me
on this? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the criteria area, use the same heading as in the Last Name field in
your table.
In the cell below, type a letter and asterisk, e.g.: A*
When you run the Advanced filter, select both cells for the criteria area.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures