Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default default currency format

Is there a way to change the default accounting format in Excel 2007 so that
a zero shows when the number is zero. I know how to set a custom format. I
just want that to be an option in the custom list all the time.
I want zero values to show as $ 0.00 with the fixed $ located on the left
side of the cell.
--
Judy L
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can't change the default, but you can modify it to a custom format of:
_($* #,##0.00_);_($* (#,##0.00);_($* #,##0.00_);_(@_)

From your example, I'm assuming you want to treat $0 same as a postive:
$ 0.00
and not
$ (0.00)

Custom format follow pattern of:
positive ; negative ; zero ; text

Or, you can read the XL help file on custom format for more info.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M