Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Default display format for "currency" data type

Is there any way that I could set the default display format for "currency"
data type to a pure figure (without the "$" symbol in the front)?

I am exporting data from access to excel. Those "currency" data type figures
are displayed with a "$" symbol in excel. Even if I change the display
format, there will be "$" again next time when I export. How can I resolve
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe....

I think it depends on how you're importing the data into excel.

If you're bringing the data into an existing workbook, you _might_ be able to
play with the Currency style. Format|Styles|select Currency and change what you
want.

The bad news is that styles live in workbooks. So if you have a workbook that
has a different Currency style, you'll have to change it there, too.

If this does work and you want every new workbook to have this customized
Currency style, you can

Create a new workbook
Change the Currency style (and anything else you want)
Save the file as a Template file (*.xlt)
Use the name Book.xlt and save it in your XLStart folder.

Whenever you click on the new icon on the standard toolbar, that template
workbook will be used as the basis for the new workbook.

==
Remember, you'll have to do some testing to see if this works for your process.

--

Dave Peterson