Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Lowkey

Default Default settings for currency

Can anyone tell me how to set the default for the currency button in Excel
2003? Currently it is set to format the cell to UK pounds when I click on it
and I would like to set it to $.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
JudithJubilee

Hello Lowkey,

You may have already got the answer but here goes...

Go to Format + Style. Choose Currency from the drop down, then Modify.
Change the £ to $.

Judith

--
Hope this helps

"Lowkey" wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to set the default for the currency button in Excel
2003? Currently it is set to format the cell to UK pounds when I click on it
and I would like to set it to $.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

How did you change $ to £ in the first place?

This does not work within the Balance Sheet Template. The option is greyed
out however I try selecting the cell. My Windows regional settings are set to
UK.

"Lowkey" wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to set the default for the currency button in Excel
2003? Currently it is set to format the cell to UK pounds when I click on it
and I would like to set it to $.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hello harvestman,

The Balance Sheet Template is protected with a blank password. Choose Tools
+ Protection + Unprotect Sheet. This should allow you to change the $ to a £.
Email back if you are still not successful.

Judith
--
Hope this helps