Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
JudithJubilee JudithJubilee is offline

Default Default settings for currency

Hello harvestman,

The Balance Sheet Template is protected with a blank password. Choose Tools
+ Protection + Unprotect Sheet. This should allow you to change the $ to a £.
Email back if you are still not successful.

Judith
--
Hope this helps

"harvestman" wrote:

How did you change $ to £ in the first place?

This does not work within the Balance Sheet Template. The option is greyed
out however I try selecting the cell. My Windows regional settings are set to
UK.

"JudithJubilee" wrote:

Hello Lowkey,

You may have already got the answer but here goes...

Go to Format + Style. Choose Currency from the drop down, then Modify.
Change the £ to $.

Judith

--
Hope this helps

"Lowkey" wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to set the default for the currency button in Excel
2003? Currently it is set to format the cell to UK pounds when I click on it
and I would like to set it to $.