Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default have MS office 2000 installing 2007

When I install MS Office Professional 2007, will it automatically move my
excel and word 2000 files into the new program? I assume it will overwrite
my 2000 program even though the 2007 is a complete program and not just an
upgrade. Is that correct?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I recommend leaving 2000 installed and install 2007 in a NEW
Directory(folder). The files will be available to both. To get full
functionality of 2007 you will need to save your .xls files as .xlsx (non
macro) or .xlsm (macro). Be advised that Outlook 2007 WILL take over.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"valjg" wrote in message
When I install MS Office Professional 2007, will it automatically move my
excel and word 2000 files into the new program? I assume it will
overwrite
my 2000 program even though the 2007 is a complete program and not just an
upgrade. Is that correct?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for your quick response.

Somewhere I was reading quite awhile back that MS suggests NOT having two
versions on the same computer, that this will cause problems. I am not
extremely computer savvy and wouldn't know what to do if problems arose
between the two programs.

Can you be more specific about the whole process?