Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default dont overwrite excel 2003 when installing office 2007

i want to install office 2007 without replacing excel 2003 to 2007~~ but i
want to use .MSI coding not using the upgrade... can anyone tell me how it is
done??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have the upgrade, your license does not allow you to keep both
versions. If you have a complete install version of 2007, then simply
install it to a different directory and choose the option not to remove the
previous versions of Office.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Xavier" wrote in message
i want to install office 2007 without replacing excel 2003 to 2007~~ but i
want to use .MSI coding not using the upgrade... can anyone tell me how it
is
done??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jan 25, 4:42*am, "Jon Peltier"
wrote:
If you have the upgrade, your license does not allow you to keep both
versions. If you have a complete install version of 2007, then simply
install it to a different directory and choose the option not to remove the
previous versions of Office.

What about the free download from microsoft.com?

I wanted to look at an MS Office Template that (surprise!) "required"
Excel 2007. I have Excel 2003. When I failed the version
verification, it "offered" to install a free version of Excel 2007. I
balked because I was not sure what that might do to my Excel 2003.

(FYI, I asked someone to save the template in Excel 2003 format.
There was nothing special in the template. Just MS's way of coercing
people to move to Excel 2007, I guess.)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could download the compatibility pack, which allows you to open Office
2007 files in earlier versions of Office (but you lose any Office 2007
features).

I would think that this trial version would not overwrite an earlier
installation, but you'd better pay attention while installing to make sure
it doesn't.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP