Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 CAN'T do Text to Columns properly

Hi All,

I have problem with Excel 2007 which cannot do Text to Columns. I have many
number in Indonesian format e.g. 6.000,897 which will be converted to
English/International format 6,000.897. I tried to use function Text to
columns but look like it doesn't work at all.

Is there any one know how to solve this problem?

THanks,
Moel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use the menu Edit - Replace to make the changes

1) You can remove the period by repalcing the period with nothing.
2) Then Replace the comma with a period.

If you need the comma you can format the cells to show comma for the
thousands place.

"moel_cybers2003" wrote:

Hi All,

I have problem with Excel 2007 which cannot do Text to Columns. I have many
number in Indonesian format e.g. 6.000,897 which will be converted to
English/International format 6,000.897. I tried to use function Text to
columns but look like it doesn't work at all.

Is there any one know how to solve this problem?

THanks,
Moel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perhaps, in text to columns, you are trying to use as a separator a
character which isn't there as text, but is merely part of the formatting?

If you are getting different behaviour between Excel 2003 and Excel 2007, I
would recommend that you check your Windows regional options (in Control
Panel) for both setups, as my guess is that you have different number
formats set up.
--
David Biddulph