Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 CAN'T do Text to Columns properly

Perhaps, in text to columns, you are trying to use as a separator a
character which isn't there as text, but is merely part of the formatting?

If you are getting different behaviour between Excel 2003 and Excel 2007, I
would recommend that you check your Windows regional options (in Control
Panel) for both setups, as my guess is that you have different number
formats set up.
--
David Biddulph

moel_cybers2003 wrote:
Why office 2007 CAN'T do "Text to columns" at my case since I don't
have any problem with excel 2003. Do you know the reason? Is it a
kind of "bug" of Excel 2007?

"Joel" wrote:

You can use the menu Edit - Replace to make the changes

1) You can remove the period by repalcing the period with nothing.
2) Then Replace the comma with a period.

If you need the comma you can format the cells to show comma for the
thousands place.

"moel_cybers2003" wrote:

Hi All,

I have problem with Excel 2007 which cannot do Text to Columns. I
have many number in Indonesian format e.g. 6.000,897 which will be
converted to English/International format 6,000.897. I tried to use
function Text to columns but look like it doesn't work at all.

Is there any one know how to solve this problem?

THanks,
Moel