Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel joel is offline

Default Excel 2007 CAN'T do Text to Columns properly

You can use the menu Edit - Replace to make the changes

1) You can remove the period by repalcing the period with nothing.
2) Then Replace the comma with a period.

If you need the comma you can format the cells to show comma for the
thousands place.

"moel_cybers2003" wrote:

Hi All,

I have problem with Excel 2007 which cannot do Text to Columns. I have many
number in Indonesian format e.g. 6.000,897 which will be converted to
English/International format 6,000.897. I tried to use function Text to
columns but look like it doesn't work at all.

Is there any one know how to solve this problem?

THanks,
Moel