Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Name & chart problem

In one spreadsheet, I have a dynamic chart where the x axis is a named
dynamic range (so that it automatically advances by a month, every month).
This works fine.

However, I have copied the graph to another spreadsheet where it is useful
to be displayed. All is fine if both spreadsheets are open. However, if I
open the second one without the first being open, the x axis is incorrectly
displayed and an error message comes up saying that the named range
("xaxis") cannot be found on the first spreadsheet. If I then open the
first spreadsheet, everything appears correctly once again.

Can anyone suggest how I can overcome this please.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not everything can be read from a closed workbook that can be read from an
open one. could you put a copy of the data from the one workbook into the
other and redefine the name in the second workbook?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Victor Delta" wrote in message
In one spreadsheet, I have a dynamic chart where the x axis is a named
dynamic range (so that it automatically advances by a month, every month).
This works fine.

However, I have copied the graph to another spreadsheet where it is useful
to be displayed. All is fine if both spreadsheets are open. However, if I
open the second one without the first being open, the x axis is
incorrectly displayed and an error message comes up saying that the named
range ("xaxis") cannot be found on the first spreadsheet. If I then open
the first spreadsheet, everything appears correctly once again.

Can anyone suggest how I can overcome this please.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
Not everything can be read from a closed workbook that can be read from an
open one. could you put a copy of the data from the one workbook into the
other and redefine the name in the second workbook?

That's really interesting. Yes, I'll replicate the named range and data in
the 2nd spreadsheet.

Thanks,