Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Name & chart problem

Not everything can be read from a closed workbook that can be read from an
open one. could you put a copy of the data from the one workbook into the
other and redefine the name in the second workbook?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Victor Delta" wrote in message
In one spreadsheet, I have a dynamic chart where the x axis is a named
dynamic range (so that it automatically advances by a month, every month).
This works fine.

However, I have copied the graph to another spreadsheet where it is useful
to be displayed. All is fine if both spreadsheets are open. However, if I
open the second one without the first being open, the x axis is
incorrectly displayed and an error message comes up saying that the named
range ("xaxis") cannot be found on the first spreadsheet. If I then open
the first spreadsheet, everything appears correctly once again.

Can anyone suggest how I can overcome this please.

TIA