Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Chart problem.

I have a chart that plots body mass index, ie value on y axis, and dates on x
axis. I have also added a second category x as I have divided the chart into
horizonatl zones with different colors (ie underweight, overweight etc).

Things work fine except that when I plot, for instance, three dates (Jan 1,
Feb 1, March 1). The Jan point is right on the left side Y axis, the Feb is
mid way across the chart, and the March is on the other end of the chart
(right Y axis) I'd like to narrow down the spaces between each data point,
and also have some space at the beginning of the chart (ie the first point
shouldn't plot on the Y axis).

When I click on the data (format data point), "gap width" is greyed out, and
nothing is checked. When I check "Up/Down bars", the first point and teh
last point move in (away from the edges), and "gap width" becomes "ungreyed".
However, adjusting gap width does not affect the distance between the data
points.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Scott

just an idea. You could use an X-category without a BMI value. Hence it is
not plotted, but the chart reserves some space for it. Perhaps you can get
this to work.

Wigi