Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Push Pins Appear in Spreadsheet

Push Pins appear in cells in a spreadsheet. How did they get there? How do
I get rid of them? How do I prevent them?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What are Push Pins ?

Pete

On Jan 6, 3:29*pm, swolfe wrote:
Push Pins appear in cells in a spreadsheet. *How did they get there? *How do
I get rid of them? *How do I prevent them?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe "Smart Tags" under ToolsAutocorrect Options?

I don't know. I have never used them.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 08:24:56 -0800 (PST), Pete_UK
wrote:

What are Push Pins ?

Pete

On Jan 6, 3:29*pm, swolfe wrote:
Push Pins appear in cells in a spreadsheet. *How did they get there? *How do
I get rid of them? *How do I prevent them?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excell 2007, under the Office Button, click the Excel Options, Go to
Proofing, then AutoCorrect Options. Click the SmartTags tab and uncheck the
check box for Label Data With Smart Tags.

To get rid of them, I had to copy and Paste Values, Formulas, and Formats
into a new sheet.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Maybe "Smart Tags" under ToolsAutocorrect Options?

I don't know. I have never used them.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 08:24:56 -0800 (PST), Pete_UK
wrote:

What are Push Pins ?

Pete

On Jan 6, 3:29 pm, swolfe wrote:
Push Pins appear in cells in a spreadsheet. How did they get there? How do
I get rid of them? How do I prevent them?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for letting us know the steps taken to resolve the issue.

Gord

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Maybe "Smart Tags" under ToolsAutocorrect Options?

I don't know. I have never used them.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 08:24:56 -0800 (PST), Pete_UK
wrote:

What are Push Pins ?

Pete