Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel not saving Visual Basic sub

I installed Office 2000 on a new comuter (Vista). When I save an Excel
program with a VB subroutine--the sub is apparently not saved??
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I don't thing there is any way in 2000 of saving an Excel file which
contains a macro and have the macro remove. That can happen in 2007.

Are you recording your macro? If so are you recording it into the Personal
Macro Workbook instead of this workbook?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"John" wrote:

I installed Office 2000 on a new comuter (Vista). When I save an Excel
program with a VB subroutine--the sub is apparently not saved??
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am having the same problem with 2003 version. I create a VB subroutine,
and then save the spreadsheet. When I reopen the spreadsheet the VB
subroutine is gone. Any help would be appreaciated.

"John" wrote:

I installed Office 2000 on a new comuter (Vista). When I save an Excel
program with a VB subroutine--the sub is apparently not saved??
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd double check that you're putting the code in the correct workbook's project.

And I'd double check that you're opening the file that was saved with those
changes.

If you've done that and it didn't help, do you have any antivirus software that
could be "helping"?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

By VB do you mean a VBA macro?

Are you recording the macro?

When you hit "Record New Macro" which option have you chosen from "Store
Macro in"?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP