Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sharing Violation when saving

I got frustration recently when I save excel file to the original one, and
always get the "Saving violation" notice and force me to save as another file
name.
My environment and version is XP + Office 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have the same problem. I am running Vista, and I have one file in Excel
2007 that when I try to save the file constantly displays a series of error
messages starting with "Cannot Save due to Sharing Violation....". I am
supposed to open a file with an artificial name like 3AR56DB with NO file
extension, and then save that file with a new name. I have been exchanging
emails with Trend Micro PC-cillin, thinking this could be a firewall or AV
software problem. I have done the fixes they suggest (turning off automatic
backup for the file in Excel, and setting my network to Home Network in
PC-cillin) but this does no good. I have many other Excel spreadsheets that
do not display this problem. The spreadsheet that has the problem is sort of
large- ~ 350 MB, but this is tiny compared to many I've seen. I don't think I
have any macros in the spreadsheet. There are ~25 worksheets in the file.
Thanks to Edward Wang for posting- please someone help us out there!

Elliot