Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table with odd results

I have a pivot table that groups currency codes (ei EUR, USD, INR, CNY....).
For the most part it works great with one exception. The currency codes for
USD only show up as "q". The rest show up fine. If I find USD and replace
with US and refresh the pivot table, it reflects US. Once I change it back
to USD and refresh I get "q" again. Does anyopne know whats going on or how
I may go about fixing it.

Thanks!
Rich
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

It could be related to an entry in AutoCorrect
Click Tools AutoCorrect Options
Type USD in "Replace" Does "q" appear under "With"
Click to Delete the highlighted line
--
Max
Singapore
"Rich Young" wrote:
I have a pivot table that groups currency codes (ei EUR, USD, INR, CNY....).
For the most part it works great with one exception. The currency codes for
USD only show up as "q". The rest show up fine. If I find USD and replace
with US and refresh the pivot table, it reflects US. Once I change it back
to USD and refresh I get "q" again. Does anyone know whats going on or how
I may go about fixing it.

Thanks!
Rich

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Max,

Thank you for the response. Your suggestion was not one I had consider.
However it is not the root of the problem. I'll continue to do some research
and if I find a solution, I will post it here. If you have any other
suggestions, I would really appreciate them.

Regards,
Rich

"Rich Young" wrote:

I have a pivot table that groups currency codes (ei EUR, USD, INR, CNY....).
For the most part it works great with one exception. The currency codes for
USD only show up as "q". The rest show up fine. If I find USD and replace
with US and refresh the pivot table, it reflects US. Once I change it back
to USD and refresh I get "q" again. Does anyopne know whats going on or how
I may go about fixing it.

Thanks!
Rich

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

I'm out, sorry. But perhaps other responders, maybe Debra Dalgleish, Herbert
Seidenberg et al might drop by here

P/s: Always post your reply to a responder directly, not as a reply to your
own posting. And do take a moment to rate the response by clicking the "Yes"
buttons (like the ones below)
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:18,500 Files:362 Subscribers:59
xdemechanik
---