Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default each cell result displays a certain diagram/picture

I want certain diagram (picture) to appear in each row; one of four diagrams
depending on a cell result in each row. is this possible?

cheers.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Cal,

Download the sample file ClipArtEvent.zip from this link

written by yours truly.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Cal." wrote in message
I want certain diagram (picture) to appear in each row; one of four diagrams
depending on a cell result in each row. is this possible?

cheers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Bernie

This is of help to me in a little project

I have sucessfully changed the pictures in your example and can get the to
come up under the names you have allocated i.e Sun, Clouds and Leaves. If I
try to rename them the renamed does not apprear on the drop down list? is
ther something I am missing

Being new if I cut and paste the into the code field of an existing workbook
would that have a detramental effect on none

Sorry if these are silly questions

Best

Stew

The code

"Cal." wrote in message
I want certain diagram (picture) to appear in each row; one of four diagrams
depending on a cell result in each row. is this possible?

cheers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Stew,

Not silly at all. The picture must be named the same as the value in the cell that you want
associated with the picture. For example, if you have an allowable value of "Stew as a baby"
(without the quotes, then you must name the picture Stew as a baby and you need to change the Data
Validation list to include Stew as a baby as one of the choices. If you have a lot of choices, you
could create a named range - we can cross that bridge when you get to it, if needed.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Cal." wrote in message
I want certain diagram (picture) to appear in each row; one of four diagrams
depending on a cell result in each row. is this possible?

cheers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Berie

I generall I understand , I assume , the value of the string HOWEVER THERE
IS A FEW LIGHT YEARS BETWEEN YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND MINE, BUT WATCH YOUR BACK, I
AM ENJOYING THE LEARNING EXPIERENCE

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME. I SHALL RETURN

STEW