Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ctc

Default Cell displays formula, not result?

How do i configure excel to display the results of the sum of a set of
numbers instead of displaying the formula?

Ex. I want to add the numbers of several different cells so I compose the
equation "=R22+R34+R35+R37" in a results cell. However the results cell
doesn't display the sum of these fields. instead it displays
"=R22+R34+R35+R37".
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marcelo

try to use
=R22+r34+r35+r37,

if you put " on the formulas excel will see it as a text

hope this helps
regards from Brazil going to the 6th
Marcelo

"ctc" escreveu:

How do i configure excel to display the results of the sum of a set of
numbers instead of displaying the formula?

Ex. I want to add the numbers of several different cells so I compose the
equation "=R22+R34+R35+R37" in a results cell. However the results cell
doesn't display the sum of these fields. instead it displays
"=R22+R34+R35+R37".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

Click TOOLS on the menu and select OPTIONS. If necessary, click the VIEW
tab. In the panel named WINDOW OPTIONS verify that there isn't a check in
the FORMULAS check box. If there is, turn it off.
--
Kevin Backmann

"ctc" wrote:

How do i configure excel to display the results of the sum of a set of
numbers instead of displaying the formula?

Ex. I want to add the numbers of several different cells so I compose the
equation "=R22+R34+R35+R37" in a results cell. However the results cell
doesn't display the sum of these fields. instead it displays
"=R22+R34+R35+R37".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mark Lincoln

Also check Tools|Options; under Windows Options on the View tab, make
sure that Formulas is unchecked.

ctc wrote:
How do i configure excel to display the results of the sum of a set of
numbers instead of displaying the formula?

Ex. I want to add the numbers of several different cells so I compose the
equation "=R22+R34+R35+R37" in a results cell. However the results cell
doesn't display the sum of these fields. instead it displays
"=R22+R34+R35+R37".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T Kirtley

It is most likely that the cell with the formula in it is formatted as text.
If so, you should format the cell with something like 'Number' or 'General'
format and then re-edit the formula, (make sure it does not begin with quotes
as was the case in your post), and then the formula should work.

Otherwise, it is possible you have Excel in the 'Display Formulas' mode
which can be toggled on/off with the Ctrl^` key combination. (The ` key is
usually just beneath the Esc key, not to be confused with the single quote '
character)

HTH,

TK