Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BP BP is offline

Default Cell displays formula and not result

A part of my spreadsheet will only display the formula, not the result. I can
oddly change the format by:

1. Re-fomat cell C12 to be "general" format
2. Then click off that cell to another cell.
4. Hit "enter"

When I set up a trace for the above, this did show that the formula includes
the ' or " preceding the = sign, but I cannot work out how to change this
through excel.

Appreciate any ideas.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the cells with the "bad" formulas, then:

<Data <TextToColumns <Finish

And your formulas should now work.
--
HTH,

RD

"BP" wrote in message
A part of my spreadsheet will only display the formula, not the result. I

can
oddly change the format by:

1. Re-fomat cell C12 to be "general" format
2. Then click off that cell to another cell.
4. Hit "enter"

When I set up a trace for the above, this did show that the formula

includes
the ' or " preceding the = sign, but I cannot work out how to change this
through excel.

Appreciate any ideas.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome, and appreciate the feed-back.

RD

"BP" wrote in message
Worked a treat .... thanks