Ettienne

Default Cell displays formula and not result

This is a major annoyance....
Some cells do not display the result of a formula, they will rather display
the formula.
For example if I want to concatenate three text cells with the formula
=A1&B1&C1 the cell displays the formula and not the expected result.
This will happen with different formulas referencing other cells.
Excel 2002 SP3
I have not yet found the correct combination of curse words to fix it, any
help please...
Gordon

Ettienne wrote:
This is a major annoyance....
Some cells do not display the result of a formula, they will rather display
the formula.
For example if I want to concatenate three text cells with the formula
=A1&B1&C1 the cell displays the formula and not the expected result.
This will happen with different formulas referencing other cells.
Excel 2002 SP3
I have not yet found the correct combination of curse words to fix it, any
help please...

Tools-Options and on the View tab uncheck the Formula box in the Window
Options section

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and
Gord Dibben

Cells are formatted as Text.

Format to General then F2 and <ENTER to re-do.

If you have a great whack of these, select them then EditReplace

What: =
With: =

Replace All.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 14:11:04 -0800, "Ettienne"
wrote:

This is a major annoyance....
Some cells do not display the result of a formula, they will rather display
the formula.
For example if I want to concatenate three text cells with the formula
=A1&B1&C1 the cell displays the formula and not the expected result.
This will happen with different formulas referencing other cells.
Excel 2002 SP3
I have not yet found the correct combination of curse words to fix it, any
help please...

Junior Member

Location: Middle Earth!
Red face

Many, many thanks for this bit of information. I was sure my version of Excel was possessed and deliberately being difficult, it wouldn't respond at all despite banging my head on the monitor, but this has sorted the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettienne