littlepetel littlepetel is offline
Junior Member

Location: Middle Earth!
Red face

Many, many thanks for this bit of information. I was sure my version of Excel was possessed and deliberately being difficult, it wouldn't respond at all despite banging my head on the monitor, but this has sorted the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettienne
This is a major annoyance....
Some cells do not display the result of a formula, they will rather display
the formula.
For example if I want to concatenate three text cells with the formula
=A1&B1&C1 the cell displays the formula and not the expected result.
This will happen with different formulas referencing other cells.
Excel 2002 SP3
I have not yet found the correct combination of curse words to fix it, any
help please...