Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default hyperlink from dropdown list

hiya
i have 2 dropdown lists the 2nd list determend by the first (dropdown from a
dropdown) what i would like to do is hyperlink from this second list which is
based on the 1st.

i have at the moment =HYPERLINK("#"&B2&"!A1","GO")

but because b2 depends on a2 its not linking can anyone help please?? i've
tried =HYPERLINK("#"&A2:B2&"!A1","GO") and others but it returns #value.

please help i'm going crazy here lol .................
--
deejay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Presumably B2 is a sheet name - if this has spaces in it then you will
have to enclose it with apostrophes in your formula, so you might like
to try this:

=HYPERLINK("#'"&B2&"'!A1","GO")

Difficult to spot the differences, I know, but there is an apostrophe
' after the # and before the !

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 30, 1:15*am, confused deejay
wrote:
hiya
i have 2 dropdown lists the 2nd list determend by the first (dropdown from a
dropdown) what i would like to do is hyperlink from this second list which is
based on the 1st.

i have at the moment =HYPERLINK("#"&B2&"!A1","GO")

but because b2 depends on a2 its not linking can anyone help please?? i've
tried =HYPERLINK("#"&A2:B2&"!A1","GO") and others but it returns #value..

please help i'm going crazy here lol .................
--
deejay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

no b2 is a dropdown list it looks like this on the sheet....

a2 b2 c2
(dropdown) (dropdown)
January deejay paid OK (this should follow the hyperlink that
takes me to sheet "january deejay paid" where i can update the information)

the drop down in b2 is dependent on a2 as above should take me to "january
deejay paid" if a2 says "february deejay paid" it should go to that sheet.
--
deejay

wrote:
hiya
i have 2 dropdown lists the 2nd list determend by the first (dropdown from a
dropdown) what i would like to do is hyperlink from this second list which is
based on the 1st.

i have at the moment =HYPERLINK("#"&B2&"!A1","GO")

but because b2 depends on a2 its not linking can anyone help please?? i've
tried =HYPERLINK("#"&A2:B2&"!A1","GO") and others but it returns #value..

please help i'm going crazy here lol .................
--
deejay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What happened when you tried Pete's suggestion? Why didn't it work for you?

Regards,
Fred.

"confused deejay" wrote in
message ...

wrote:
hiya
i have 2 dropdown lists the 2nd list determend by the first (dropdown
from a
dropdown) what i would like to do is hyperlink from this second list
which is
based on the 1st.

i have at the moment =HYPERLINK("#"&B2&"!A1","GO")

but because b2 depends on a2 its not linking can anyone help please??
i've
tried =HYPERLINK("#"&A2:B2&"!A1","GO") and others but it returns
#value..

please help i'm going crazy here lol .................
--
deejay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you sure you entered the apostrophes correctly? Have you verified that
the sheet exists?

Pete's formula should. I epxect you will find the error is one of the above.

Regards,
Fred.

"confused deejay" wrote in
message ...

wrote:
hiya
i have 2 dropdown lists the 2nd list determend by the first
(dropdown
from a
dropdown) what i would like to do is hyperlink from this second list
which is
based on the 1st.

i have at the moment =HYPERLINK("#"&B2&"!A1","GO")

but because b2 depends on a2 its not linking can anyone help
please??
i've
tried =HYPERLINK("#"&A2:B2&"!A1","GO") and others but it returns
#value..

please help i'm going crazy here lol .................
--
deejay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

its worked totally my fault and infact i now don't need the first dropdown
box which is great.
what i had done is hyperlinked my pages in the dropdown selection stage ie
deejay paid*hyperlinked to jan deejay paid. thinking the link could add the
two dropdowns together.
i've removed the hyperlinks and renamed my list to jan deejay paid* as per
sheet name and the link worked :)

thankyou for all your help guys
--
deejay