Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default selection from dropdown list activates hyperlink

I want a selection from my dropdown list in a cell to be a hyperlink to
another cell on the same sheet. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The effect of a hyperlink can be emulated using the worksheet's _Change()
event handler. Right-click on the sheet's tab and choose [View Code] to get
into the proper coding area. You could 'seed' the process with this code,
changing the addresses to match your sheet setup and adding more code to
handle all of the items in your list. This code is set up as if your list
only has 2 items to choose from in it. The words in the Case Is = "" are the
actual words in your list. You can add more Case Is = "choice" statements as
needed to handle all items in your list. The first test for Target.Address
needs to be changed to the address of your list cell, and it must have the $
symbol in front of both the letter and number portion of the address.

If Target.Address < "$A$1" Then
'was not A1, ignore the change
Exit Sub
End If