Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Changing sheets after the DeActivate Event.

MS XP, Excel 2003
I am using the DeActivate event to sort the page Im currently on. When I
select any other sheet the present sheet deactivates and sorts properly.
The problem is when the sort completes it returns to the page that was
sorted and not the one selected B/4 the present sheet was deactivated.
How can I store and select the page I want when the sort is completed?

Thanks in advance.

--
Richard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is probably something in your sort code that activates the deactivated
sheet. That's what you should correct. Written properly there is usually
no need for the sheet to be acted on to be active.

--
Jim
"Richard" wrote in message
| MS XP, Excel 2003
| I am using the DeActivate event to sort the page I'm currently on. When I
| select any other sheet the present sheet deactivates and sorts properly.
| The problem is when the sort completes it returns to the page that was
| sorted and not the one selected B/4 the present sheet was deactivated.
| How can I store and select the page I want when the sort is completed?
|
| Thanks in advance.
|
| --
| Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just a curiosity question...

Is there a reason you don't use the _activate event?

And to add to Jim's response...

If you really want to use the _deactivate event, you may want to post the code
if you can't get it working.

Richard wrote:

MS XP, Excel 2003
I am using the DeActivate event to sort the page Im currently on. When I
select any other sheet the present sheet deactivates and sorts properly.
The problem is when the sort completes it returns to the page that was
sorted and not the one selected B/4 the present sheet was deactivated.
How can I store and select the page I want when the sort is completed?

Thanks in advance.

--
Richard

--