DBDEZYNE

Default Changing Sheets in chart

I need to be able to change the sheet reference in a chart by selecting
a cell that has the sheet name. Each sheets data are in the same cells.
I just need to reference different sheets. Example: if the current
values are referenced by =Sheet1!$B$3:$B$8 then I need to be able to
change Sheet1 to Sheet 2 without changing the other data example:
=Sheet2!$B$3:$b$8 or =Sheet5!$B$3:$b$8

--
DBDEZYNE
DBDEZYNE's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27095

Andy Pope

You can do this via named ranges.
If you changing reference is in cell A1 of sheet1 as text (notice no ='s
sign)

A1: Sheet2!$B$3:$b$8

Add a named range called ChtData
=INDIRECT(Sheet1!$A$1)

Now in the chart change the series data source to reference the named
range, I think =Sheet1!ChtData should work.

Cheers
Andy

DBDEZYNE wrote:
I need to be able to change the sheet reference in a chart by selecting
a cell that has the sheet name. Each sheets data are in the same cells.
I just need to reference different sheets. Example: if the current
values are referenced by =Sheet1!$B$3:$B$8 then I need to be able to
change Sheet1 to Sheet 2 without changing the other data example:
=Sheet2!$B$3:$b$8 or =Sheet5!$B$3:$b$8

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info