Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Files won't open when clicking on them in Explorer

I have Excel 2007. Afterusing the program without problems for 6 months, a
situation suddenly developed where double clicking on a file in Windows
Explorer produdes a "File not found" message, and the file will not open.
The Excel program does open. When I try to open the file from with Excel it
opens just fine.

I've searched the help files and FAQ and cannot find any reference to this
problem. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

are you sure the file you are opening in excel is the same file you
are trying to open in Windows Explorer.

When you have the file open in Excel, go to file- save as and
manually navigate to the directory where you want to save the file
(i.e. go to my computer first then the folder) and resave the file.
Then, in explorer go to where you save the file and see if you can
open it.