erk1978

Default Why do my excel documents not open from the desktop?

Why do my excel documents not open from the desktop? I can only open
documents when I am already in Excel. I assume some setting is off. Where
should I look? Thanks
Gord Dibben

Try the usual fix(es) for this problem.

ToolsOptionsGeneral uncheck "Ignore other Applications"
Exit Excel and try again

If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel

Close Excel first and
On the Windows Taskbar

1) StartRun "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)OK.
2) StartRun "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.
See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
In that case StartRun "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:47:01 -0800, "erk1978"
wrote:

Why do my excel documents not open from the desktop? I can only open
documents when I am already in Excel. I assume some setting is off. Where
should I look? Thanks

erk1978

Perfect. Thank you.

"erk1978" wrote:

Why do my excel documents not open from the desktop? I can only open
documents when I am already in Excel. I assume some setting is off. Where
should I look? Thanks

Gord Dibben

Excellent.

Thanks for the feedback.

Gord

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:11:07 -0800, "erk1978"
wrote:

Perfect. Thank you.