DeanH

Default Excel workbook does not open in open window on desktop

opening an excel spreadsheet saved on my desktop only opens the excel window
not the workbook. If i copy the sheet to cd and put onto my laptop everything
is fine. the only way i can view the excel files which i have on my desktop
is by going to the start menu opening excel & using the open a workbook
tab.this opens any of the workbooks ok but i cannot save them to desktop. All
the files which are on my desktop have previously been working fine.
Ron de Bruin

Hi Dean

ToolsOptionsGeneral uncheck "Ignore other Applications"
Exit Excel and try again

If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel

Close Excel first and
On the Windows Taskbar

1 ) StartRun "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)OK.
2) StartRun "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.
See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
In that case StartRun "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl