Eric Murphy

Default One file in Excel will not open.

Can anyone offer help on this one? We have a user running Excel 2000 and
there is one spreadsheet that is just over 3MB that he cannot open. If we
try from another machine, the file opens no problem, but on his machine it
will not. It appears to load the first worksheet, but the mouse stays in an
hourglass and he cannot edit it. Eventually he has to CTRL+ALT+DEL out of
the program. The odd thing is, he can open any other Excel sheet, even
larger ones, without a problem! Can anyone give a suggestion? I have tried
Excel in safe mode, I have tried an older version of the file that used to
work, neither helps. There aren't any TSR's or anything active in processes
that aren't essential Windows processes. Thanks in advance!

Eric Murphy