Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Joe is offline

Default is there a way to make info from one cell migrate to another cellautomatically?

I'm not sure how to describe this. I have a row of information and
some of the cells need to change daily. I'd like to keep a record of
the info for the past couple of weeks. Right now I'm doing the tedious
work of cutting and pasting the info in each cell before I change it.
is there a way to get the info from one cell to migrate to another
cell immediately after I type it, then the next time I type in the
cell for the info to migrate to the next successive cell?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default is there a way to make info from one cell migrate to another cell

I have found that if you type the info into the first cell, then go to the
cell you want it copied to, type = and then click the cell you want the info
from, and hit enter. I hope that makes sense.

"Joe" wrote:

I'm not sure how to describe this. I have a row of information and
some of the cells need to change daily. I'd like to keep a record of
the info for the past couple of weeks. Right now I'm doing the tedious
work of cutting and pasting the info in each cell before I change it.
is there a way to get the info from one cell to migrate to another
cell immediately after I type it, then the next time I type in the
cell for the info to migrate to the next successive cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Joe,

This macro may help.
You will need to consider and change the following in this macro:
Sheet1 and Sheet2 to the appropriate sheet numbers
A5000 is the Column letter and the Row number. The row number needs to be
well below any data or subsequent data. You may need to change the A to
another column ref if A is not correct, etc.

Private Sub TransferData()
Sheet1.Select
Range("A1:J1").Copy
Sheet2.Select
Application.Range("A5000").End(xlUp)(2, 1).Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
End Sub

Rob