Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How to make a cell copy the info from another (background colour i

Hi Guys,

Hopefully you can help....

If i have entered data and a background colour into cell A1 how do I auto
make cell A3 copy what is in cell A1 (background colour include)??

Hope you can help,

Thanks,

Nick
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In A3 you can enter this formula:

=A1

or better still:

=IF(A1="","",A1)

However, a function cannot change the format or colour of a cell - it
can only return a value.

One possibility you might consider, though, is to use conditional
formatting on cell A1 to give it the colour (eg if it is not blank,
then make background colour green). Then you could apply the same
condition to A3 so it will seem as if the colour has been transferred
automatically.

Hope this helps.

Pete