ac512

Default establishing the background colour of a cell

I am trying to count the cells in my worksheet which have a red background
colour. Is there anyway of determining the background colour of a cell?

Any suggestions/assistance would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Jack Sons

Rowan

xlDynamic uses the function ColorIndex which appears not to be available in
my Excel 2000. I use the Dutch version but when I have the English formula
=ColorIndex(A1) automatically translated with the code below I get the error
message #NAME? What now?

Sub TranslateFormula()
Dim sTemp As String

sTemp = InputBox("Type the formula in English, with the leading equal
sign:")
ActiveCell.Formula = sTemp
End Sub

Jack Sons
The Netherlands

"Rowan" schreef in bericht

"ac512" wrote:

I am trying to count the cells in my worksheet which have a red
background
colour. Is there anyway of determining the background colour of a cell?

Any suggestions/assistance would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Gord Dibben

Jack

The ColorIndex Function is a user defined function and is not available in any
version of Excel.

Copy it from Bob's site to a workbook.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP