Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stephen Doughty

Default change a cell background colour to my own RGB colour requirements

It would really nice if I could change a cell border and background coulour
to a specific RGB range for our company standard colour range. When preparing
quotations.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gareth93

dont know why, but you can't define your own colours in excel2000. But
if you define all your colours in text in msword, then just copy&paste.
Your new colours should appear in all your colour options on the Format
Cells pane, but not on the quick buttons on toolbar. Hope this helps

--
gareth93
gareth93's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26578

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tony h

You can change the color palette under
tools...options...color...modify...custom

cheers

--
tony h
tony h's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21074

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tony h

... or you can use the RGB function in VBA

The advantage with the color pallette is that you can distribute the
revised pallette around the company so that everyone has access to the
correct colours.

I assume you would pdf the document before sending it out.

The advantage with the VBA option is that the colour wont change if
someone changes the pallette.

But there againg if the company changes its company colours you can
change all the templates simply by changing the pallette.

have fun,
hope this helps

--
tony h
tony h's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21074
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=552587

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stephen Doughty

Default change a cell background colour to my own RGB colour requireme

wow its that simple - Thank so much its a great help - Steve