Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I HAVE SAY INFO ACROSS 10 COLUMNS. HOW TO MAKE THE COL-A CELL ACTIVE WHEN U HIT 'ENTER'

DEAR ALL
For example - data entry is being made and say info is across 10
columns. How to make the cursor/cell active from COL_J to the next
row at COL_A when 'ENTER' is pressed. I can make it go only to right
or down but not down and 10 cells to the left. I have used macro
using ctrl-left arrow etc. But i am sure some better way must be
there. Pls adv

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi CAPTGNVR

Select the whole range first and instead of the Enter key use the Tab key

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message oups.com...
DEAR ALL
For example - data entry is being made and say info is across 10
columns. How to make the cursor/cell active from COL_J to the next
row at COL_A when 'ENTER' is pressed. I can make it go only to right
or down but not down and 10 cells to the left. I have used macro
using ctrl-left arrow etc. But i am sure some better way must be
there. Pls adv

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select A1 then Tab across to J1.

Hit ENTER key to move to A2

Alternative method.

Unlock columns A:J then protect the sheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 5 Feb 2007 11:45:16 -0800, "CAPTGNVR" wrote:

DEAR ALL
For example - data entry is being made and say info is across 10
columns. How to make the cursor/cell active from COL_J to the next
row at COL_A when 'ENTER' is pressed. I can make it go only to right
or down but not down and 10 cells to the left. I have used macro
using ctrl-left arrow etc. But i am sure some better way must be
there. Pls adv

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Feb 6, 3:53 am, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
Hi CAPTGNVR

Select the whole range first and instead of the Enter key use the Tab key

--

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in ooglegroups.com...
DEAR ALL
For example - data entry is being made and say info is across 10
columns. How to make the cursor/cell active from COL_J to the next
row at COL_A when 'ENTER' is pressed. I can make it go only to right
or down but not down and 10 cells to the left. I have used macro
using ctrl-left arrow etc. But i am sure some better way must be
there. Pls adv

Dear Mr Ron, yessss it works and thanks. I really appreciate your
humility--I have seen your name associated with such high end programs
and yet you could devote few lines for my basic query. Thank you SIR.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Feb 6, 4:02 am, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
Select A1 then Tab across to J1.

Hit ENTER key to move to A2

Alternative method.

Unlock columns A:J then protect the sheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 5 Feb 2007 11:45:16 -0800, "CAPTGNVR" wrote:

DEAR ALL
For example - data entry is being made and say info is across 10
columns. How to make the cursor/cell active from COL_J to the next
row at COL_A when 'ENTER' is pressed. I can make it go only to right
or down but not down and 10 cells to the left. I have used macro
using ctrl-left arrow etc. But i am sure some better way must be
there. Pls adv

D/Gord Big thank you for the quick response. All these years I was
using 'home' etc but now found a neat solution. Yesss I have tried as
u said and it works fine. Thanks to you and Mr. Ron.