Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sorting multiple columns and maintaining grouping of information

I am trying to utilize the sort function to sort multiple columns while
maintaining a grouping of cells. My need is to eliminate blank groups of
information and maintain the grouping of the information. The cells of this
spreadsheet are set up to reference different tabs within the workbook. I
would like to sort the A-D group by column A, the F-I group by the column F,
the K-N group by column K and also the O-R Group by column R. Utilizing a
standard sort will eliminate the blanks but I can't figure out how to sort
the parenthetical ranges to maintain the integrity of the information. My
example would be as follows while sorting the groups by it's first cell in
the parenthetical grouping. The skipped cells are empty columns within the
spreadsheet.

(A1B1C1D1) (F1G1H1I1) (K1L1M1N1) (O1P1Q1R1)
(A2B2C2D2) (F2G2H2I2) (K2L2M2N2) (O2P2Q2R2)

(A4B4C4D4) (F4G4H4I4) (K4L4M4N4) (O4P4Q4R4)

Thank you for your help!!!

Greg K
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"TPSKAM" wrote in message
[...]

I'm not sure I really follow what you're after, so ignore this if it isn't
what you want!
Are you are saying that information in columns A to D is to be sorted (by
column A), leaving columns F upwards untouched; and then columns F to I to
be sorted, leaving other columns untouched, etc.? If so, simply select
columns A to D and sort by column A. Then unselect these, select columns F
to I and sort by column F, etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sorting multiple columns and maintaining grouping of informati

After I proofread my question I knew I wasn't as clear as necessary. Thanks
for your attempt at answering me. I am attempting to do a one button sort
that will sort the 3 different sets of data while maintaining their column
positions. I would like to be able to sort the A-D, F-I, K-N and P-S groups
and keep them in their own rows. This would allow all blank rows to be
eliminated from the tabulated information from the other spreadsheets in the
workbook. I am not sure it is possible and I hope that someone can solve
this ossue for me. Thank you for your efforts!