sweetledee

Default Sorting multiple columns together

I have 2 columns in a sheet that are both labeled "Description", with a
number's column next to each of them. I want to sort both Description columns
and have them alphabetized, but if there is information in the 2nd column, it
needs to be put in order in the first. Can someone help me figure out how to
do that?

Dodo

"?B?c3dlZXRsZWRlZQ==?="
wrote in :

I have 2 columns in a sheet that are both labeled "Description", with
a number's column next to each of them. I want to sort both
Description columns and have them alphabetized, but if there is
information in the 2nd column, it needs to be put in order in the
first. Can someone help me figure out how to do that?

When you go through Data/Sort you can have multiple sort keys.

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

sweetledee

And there are actually 4 rows that need to be sorted:
C5:DESCRIPTION D5:CHARGE CODE (with 2 columns in between) and then
H5:DESCRIPTION I5:CHARGE CODE
there is information into C5 (description column), with charge code numbers
entered into D5, and then any new information that is entered into H5 and I5
needs to be sorted along with C5 and D5 and all info needs to be alphabetized.
I hope that clears it up a little bit.
Thanks!
Sweetledee