sweetledee

And there are actually 4 rows that need to be sorted:
C5:DESCRIPTION D5:CHARGE CODE (with 2 columns in between) and then
H5:DESCRIPTION I5:CHARGE CODE
there is information into C5 (description column), with charge code numbers
entered into D5, and then any new information that is entered into H5 and I5
needs to be sorted along with C5 and D5 and all info needs to be alphabetized.
I hope that clears it up a little bit.
Thanks!
Sweetledee

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

If I understand correctly, select the pairs of columns, goto DataSort, and
select the first column as the sort column.

--

HTH

RP

"sweetledee" wrote in message
I have 2 columns in a sheet that are both labeled "Description", with a
number's column next to each of them. I want to sort both Description

columns
and have them alphabetized, but if there is information in the 2nd column,

it
needs to be put in order in the first. Can someone help me figure out how

do that?