Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TPSKAM TPSKAM is offline

Default Sorting multiple columns and maintaining grouping of information

I am trying to utilize the sort function to sort multiple columns while
maintaining a grouping of cells. My need is to eliminate blank groups of
information and maintain the grouping of the information. The cells of this
spreadsheet are set up to reference different tabs within the workbook. I
would like to sort the A-D group by column A, the F-I group by the column F,
the K-N group by column K and also the O-R Group by column R. Utilizing a
standard sort will eliminate the blanks but I can't figure out how to sort
the parenthetical ranges to maintain the integrity of the information. My
example would be as follows while sorting the groups by it's first cell in
the parenthetical grouping. The skipped cells are empty columns within the
spreadsheet.

(A1B1C1D1) (F1G1H1I1) (K1L1M1N1) (O1P1Q1R1)
(A2B2C2D2) (F2G2H2I2) (K2L2M2N2) (O2P2Q2R2)

(A4B4C4D4) (F4G4H4I4) (K4L4M4N4) (O4P4Q4R4)

Thank you for your help!!!

Greg K