Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
TMC TMC is offline

Default Maintaining formulas when sorting

I'm tryin to create a workbook to maintain a list of 21 names, which are
to be sorted and printed on a weekly basis based on total hours worked. So
far I have created a sheet for the total hours worked (which is the sort
criteria, along with one other parameter), and 52 separate sheets which will
record the hours worked each week.
The formula used in the "total hours worked" references the specific
employee row in each and every worksheet corresponding to the selected
employee. However, the weekly sheets need to be sorted with the lowest hours
worked at the top, which throws off the "total hours worked" sheet (as they
reference specific rows, as created now).
Is there any way to sort each weekly sheet, while maintaining the
corresponding formulas in the "total hours worked" worksheet? I know this
query might sound complicated and I apologize if I have not been clear. Any
help woudl be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Sounds like in place of 'pointing' to a specific row with a formula like
=Sheet3!B5
you need to locate the employer using a lookup formula.
Suppose in the 'master sheet' A1 has the employer's ID number and this is
present in column A of the timesheet
The =VLOOKUP(A1, Sheet3!A1:B200,2,FALSE) would find the employer in column A
and return the value from the corresponding B cell
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme